gizmo2071

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ummonshadow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
newworld.jpg

This shots was taken at a local nature reserve, many other shots in my gallery were taken around this reserve, so I know it very well.
Usually at this time of the year the water is glistening and the whole place look wonderful on a summers walk.
I was there only a couple of weeks a go and the above description fitted it fine, and yet I went yesterday to find the water covered in this.
It appears to be algae(*sp), but it has grown at an incredible rate and you cannot see any of the waters surface in some areas.
this is normally a scene that is witnessed during autumn, just before it gets to winter... well it is at this particular lake.
So whats happened differently this year?
Is this turely a consiquence of global warming?
Is the crazy weather we have been having here in the UK to blame? (record rainfall followed by intense heat)
I don't know, but I find it quite worrying.

and another thing...

It was only this lake that was covered, there are 3 other lakes dotted around the reserve and they are crystal clear.

I'm pretty sure the bird seen here is a baby Coot.

Report from the scene,
Matt

*sorry about the softness to the shot, it was shot at 1/60th second at 600mm (200mm + 3x converter) partcially handheld resting on a fence.​

Wow, it must have the the heat and rain that was the cause of all that algae; or either some chemical imbalance in the lake.

Interesting shot to say the least...

Most reactions

Back