Sign or No Sign...

1limited92

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is an old pic I took with my point and shoot cybershot a while back which I hope to try for some improved pictures with the new camera on the next visit to St Louis.

Either way, a buddy and I was talking about the first picture and he said it looked good except the sign and I thought it was OK and maybe added a little something to the picture. What do you all think?

Also I added the second picture because I liked the outcome of it with the shadows on the right side and the sun hitting the rest. Thanks for any Comments!

4246072139_1d44e88f42.jpg

4246848210_42dc0e890e.jpg

Honestly? I think the first one looks like a mistake, you know, walking along and accidently bumping the shutter button. The ground is not level, the tree is tipping, the arch is not well framed, too much dead space up top. The sign looks like the gazillion others just like it. Sorry
Now the second one on the other hand is a nice picture. Interesting view of the arch, nice color. The sun area looks to be a little blown out- a little overexposed- and I think it could be improved by cropping away some of the left side so the portion of the arch that is further away is not centered.
My 2 cents...JSD

Well, my vote is for no sign... Here is my quick edit

4246072139_1d44e88f42-edit3.jpg

I really like the clean look, but it really is a matter of opinion...

By the way, your second shot is freakin sweet!!!... Well done...

The second shop is awesome

Well, my vote is for no sign... Here is my quick edit

4246072139_1d44e88f42-edit3.jpg

I really like the clean look, but it really is a matter of opinion...

By the way, your second shot is freakin sweet!!!... Well done...

Great job on the edit and thanks for the visual! :thumbup:

The more I scan back and forth between two the more torn I am. :lol: It looks good without the sign for sure but even though the sign isnt anything out of the ordinary I seem to think it fits ok as well. Maybe just the contrast? Either way thanks for the edit and comments, the are appreciated!

Most reactions

Back