Sign sprouting from her head and the lady in pink must go!!!!

dennybeall

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.citrusphotorestore.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One more challenge, This one a color snapshot from 1976 or so. The little older woman and the background, minus the sign, need to remain. The white sign and signpost and the younger woman need to be removed.
Need to, but don't have to, use many PS tools for this one.

Aunt-with-sign.jpg

I'm terrible at photoshop, but I've been watching this thread hoping someone would try. I'm not even sure how to do it in theory, let alone actually attempting it. Would you copy the door and window from the top floor, fill it in on the bottom and try to correct for coloring? That looks like the trickiest part to me.

Cheryl - that would work for part of it - The clone stamp will provide some of the parts and the Healing Brush will help to make things look better. Also, part of it needs a selection copied and manipulated to make up for a part hidden in the original..
Sparky - Nice job - except for the 1/2 car in the background....

Nice job removing the 1/2 car. I chose to create the rear-end of the car and also straightened the background just a tad. It's such a low res image it's hard to do too much but the client was happy since was only expecting a snapshot.
Here's one version.
Aunt-before-and-aftern.jpg

Here's my try. I started photoshopping today and would love some criticism. It's probably not as good as the others since I started today but I did my best!
Object removal 1.png

Not bad, especially for a first time.
A couple of small things to do: Straighten the horizon, clear up some of the dirt/noise spots, fix the stairs (the bottom looks like a ramp), clean up around her right shoulder and see what you can do about the waviness of the ground to her left side.
All small things but a good learning exercise.

Here's my second attempt. I fixed everything you said and I think it looks better. What do you think?
Object removal 2.png

Yes, I agree. A client would be happy with that effort.
These skills will serve you well if someone wants to "remove" an ex-daughter-in-law from a large family portrait when the new fiancé is coming for a visit.......Made a hundred bucks doing that one a few years back.

Cool! Just wandering, where do find your clients?

I'm retired now so just react to word of mouth contacts or just pick up on hints in social contacts.
When I was active had Business Cards spread around, a website and flyers around. Social Media (Facebook, etc.) was also useful.
I also wrote a series of information articles and offered them to local papers for filler. Had a few published.
I live in an area where almost everybody is older than dirt so that's the people most likely to need photos digitized and repaired.

I'm retired now so just react to word of mouth contacts or just pick up on hints in social contacts.
When I was active had Business Cards spread around, a website and flyers around. Social Media (Facebook, etc.) was also useful.
I also wrote a series of information articles and offered them to local papers for filler. Had a few published.
I live in an area where almost everybody is older than dirt so that's the people most likely to need photos digitized and repaired.
Hmmm it might be harder for me to reach a wide audience where I live... Do you know any website for these things?

The best advice I could give would be to learn as much Photoshop as you can and get very good with it then make your own website.
IMHO it's all about social media as the production Photoshop work (like for wedding photogs and such) is pretty much taken up by the large groups in the near east. They are pretty good and very, very cheap.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back