signatures....i need help

hollisterguyo7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I always generally put my signature on the picture i have been using Konstant Photography an i put a border on the picture... do you guys have different ideas of a different signature or no border.... im starting to get paid for shoots an i want it to look more professional to a customer... any ideas i would love im never sure when i send the pictures to someone i wanna make sure my name is on them... but in a more professional way then what i have been doing... Also when you have them printed how do you put your logo on them an not make it obvisous...

PS. not sure if this guys in this thread or if it needs to be moved to a different section if so feel free to move it thanks chris

harveycopy.jpg

this is just a sample of what i normally do to it

I rarely use signatures but when I do, I keep mine pretty simple. It's usually in the lower corner, the drawback to this is it can be easily cropped off should someone decide to steal the image. Despite having several of me images stolen reasently I do not believe myself good enough to warrent excessive antitheft measures so that suffices for me as far as having my name out there.

Untitled1BW_2.jpg

722536_025_1_2_3_4_5_2_2.jpg

What you have looks fine, but I would definately advise you really look at the borders carefully. your image in not properly centerd in the sidewalls of the boarder, that is an unprofessonal error. It may only be a few pixels but it's still off.

thanks keep them coming!! im just wondering when i send the pictures or have them printed what they will look like printed with a border

thanks keep them coming!! im just wondering when i send the pictures or have them printed what they will look like printed with a border

Well, I'll have to do some digging but I should have a print of the second one I posted in my post that I printed at the drugstore. It should give you an idea, I just have to find it.

Well, I'll have to do some digging but I should have a print of the second one I posted in my post that I printed at the drugstore. It should give you an idea, I just have to find it.

thanks id appericate it

...Also when you have them printed how do you put your logo on them an not make it obvisous...

I sign all prints 16x20 and larger. I like using a color already in the composition. Sometimes I'll run it along a line (maybe a tree trunk, shadow, whatever) in the image. And I choose an appropriate size for the print.

-Pete

ben.jpg

I havn't forgotten about you, I've been working doubles for the last two days and have had no time to do anything but I got them now.

Keep in mind this was printed using the costumer accessable printing station at my local drug store. Printing station trimmed my boarder to uneven, I was pissed, but that is a different story.

8x10 boardered with signature

100_4461.jpg

Sorry for the lack luster digicam pics, I was going to put it into my scanner after taking these but in the mist of a few issues digging my flatbed out, I droped my camera on the print and damaged it...:(

Last edited:
oh i like this thread, i have been thinking of multiple ways to put on a signature, most of them complicated and unsuccessful as of now, but i have tried writing my name with a glue pen then silver leafing the sig, no success, the glue seemed to get too dusted and the leaf would not stick to all of it, another i had was just getting a custom stamp made with my sig and using a silver paint to stamp. have not tried that.

but ANOTHER idea which i really want to try is get that same sig. stamp, put down glue from the stamp, and put embossing powder on the print and then melt the powder leaving a raised gold or silver sig. this one should work best i think, given the stamp is good quality, i think it would be a cool 3D affect to the print, popping it out more paint like, especially on canvas.

I don't put a signature on my photos, but I do use some version of either one of my logos or a Copyright notice. Almost always, it goes in the lower left-hand corner. There's my main logo, which is the most prominent and goes on digital copies that I post online, like Facebook. There's there's my website logo which is more subtle, when needed. Then there's the copyright notice, which is often made even more subtle.

But I have been torn as well regarding when to use each one. Something to mark your work is important to do, but I'm always afraid that some will be put off by something covering up even a portion of their image. I think that bottom line, it should be noticeable yet not distracting.

...I'm always afraid that some will be put off by something covering up even a portion of their image.

Well.... I think you're at a point where your customers will want you to sign your work. I've had some complain when I failed to sign a wall print. They figure they've invested in a "Christie portrait," and deserve to have it signed.

-Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back