signatures / logo stamps

n.hubb22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm curious, I don't have my own business right now. I am going to be doing some concert stuff in the coming weeks and shoots for bands (personnel shots) and I want to be able to have people know that the shots are mine. I made a logo that I would use i guess in the future if I ever got my own business started. Is there any reason I shouldn't throw it on the shots anyways? Or is there any legal reason not to??

Thanks!

Depends on what the logo looks like. What does it say exactly?

check the image below.

it sayz "viz i photography" which is short for vizual interference photography.

Bridge2 by Viz I, on Flickr

As long as nobody else (or company) uses that name, I don't think there would be an issue. But then again I am not a lawyer. If you want a highly confident answer I'd ask a lawyer, but as I said I don't see any issue with it.

As for using a logo/watermark, I'd first make sure it isn't infringing on any other brand. Branding wise, I only put them on free photos that I do (shows where I'm not technically hired, blah blah blah). I personally feel that on paid work it looks tacky. Also speaking brand wise, "brands" that use Z's instead of S's are an instant turnoff for me. I'd suggest just putting "©2011 Your Name" for this case.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer, have never played one (or anything) on TV, or slept with one and anything I have posted does not constitute legal advice.

As for using a logo/watermark, I'd first make sure it isn't infringing on any other brand. Branding wise, I only put them on free photos that I do (shows where I'm not technically hired, blah blah blah). I personally feel that on paid work it looks tacky. Also speaking brand wise, "brands" that use Z's instead of S's are an instant turnoff for me. I'd suggest just putting "©2011 Your Name" for this case.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer, have never played one (or anything) on TV, or slept with one and anything I have posted does not constitute legal advice.

I like your approach of only doing it on non-paid shoots. I used to just use my signature on the bottom, but the more I think about it after reading your post I'm thinking of going the route of keeping the sig and adding the copyright symbal and the year.

"DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer, have never played one (or anything) on TV, or slept with one" hahhaha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back