Silver looks black

impr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

I am making a photo of dishes, but the glossy silver design looks black on the photo, i want it to look glossy silver, how can i do it?

Here is my Photo in RAW and JPEG ...

Dropbox - IMG_0847.CR2

Dropbox - IMG_0847.JPG

Thank you

Your whitebalance is set wrong for your light source your white plates look yellow/green. try a manual setting or do a custom whiteballance setting or correct it in photoshop or lightroom.

John.

Your whitebalance is set wrong for your light source your white plates look yellow/green. try a manual setting or do a custom whiteballance setting.

John.
Yep... that will cure about 99.9% of your issue.

OK i corrected the whiteballnce in photoshop but the silver edging still looks black.

John.

OK i corrected the whiteballnce in photoshop but the silver edging still looks black.

John.
Just a matter of moving the lights around (angle of incidence = angle of reflection!) and/or adding/subtracting light as required for the desired effect.

John.
Just a matter of moving the lights around (angle of incidence = angle of reflection!) and/or adding/subtracting light as required for the desired effect.
thank you for your great replies.... the problem with moving the lights around is that i will loose the proper reflection for inside of the plates.... it will not look as nice as now....

You need to buy the Lighting Bible! There's a lot more to this than you might at first realize. In order to do this properly you need to understand the family of angles, additive and subtractive lighting, and a few other odds & ends. It's not difficult, but it will require some reading and practice.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You need to buy the Lighting Bible! There's a lot more to this than you might at first realize. In order to do this properly you need to understand the family of angles, additive and subtractive lighting, and a few other odds & ends. It's not difficult, but it will require some reading and practice.
i see, i will buy it...
Thank you

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back