Silver printing?

metroshane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Have you ever seen pics printed on some sort of paper that has a silvery sheen to them. Take this album cover for example.

B00007H1Y2.01._PE29_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Where a normal printer would print the chrome parts white, this is a silver. What's this process called. Anyone fimiliar with it? I'd like to some of my car shots on this paper.

Halochrome (made by Rockland, I think) turns the black part of the image silver. It's like a toner.

Cachet/Fappco makes a silver printing paper; the blacks are black, the whites are silver.

There are other options I'm sure. These two can be found at www.freestylesalesco.com

ksmattfish said:
Halochrome (made by Rockland, I think) turns the black part of the image silver. It's like a toner.

Cachet/Fappco makes a silver printing paper; the blacks are black, the whites are silver.

There are other options I'm sure. These two can be found at www.freestylesalesco.com

the halochrome solution will do either black to silver or white to silver. i bought it and tried it. regret it to this day. it's gauche :/

Well, as the saying goes...

"Son, it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done. "

Well, as the saying goes...

"Son, it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done. "

Most reactions

Back