Simplified lighthouse

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This shot of the Lower Lighthouse, Fleetwood, Lancashire, is an attempt at simplification by selecting and reducing the elements in the photograph. Does it work? I'd have been happier if the lighthouse was in sharper focus, and it's a shot I'll try and improve. But what do you think so far? For more info go to http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Fleetwood-Lower-lighthouse.jpg

I love the composition in this, but yeah it needs to all be in focus to work. Once you've got the DOF right, i think it will be great.

the composition and colours are great.

i do find the out of focus light house uncomfortable if you know what i mean. Did you add this blur is PS afterwards or is it camera DOF?

Hand held, dull day, long lens - it's DOF that's the problem. I intend to return with tripod on a brighter day!

tb2 said:
Hand held, dull day, long lens - it's DOF that's the problem. I intend to return with tripod on a brighter day!

deffo with it

The idea is great - a composition of "coloured areas", the lighthouse being only just (a minor) part of the frame.
But this one - as has been mentioned before - does not have the usual tb2-sharpness that we are used to see in your photos. But the angle has potential and you really should go back there on a brighter day with the tripod in tow!

No. Leave the yellow. Wait for a blue sky and you got all the primary colours as areas and the grey of the lighthouse as subject. I think I like the idea.

:greenpbl: to Chris (you won't get me wrong, will you?)

Most reactions

Back