Single photo HDR C&C welcome

Lmao at the Kentucky Fried HDR comment :lol:

Creative license is a beautiful thing. Yes this is a photo forum, however when you post photos of stuff such as smoke art, that is more than a photo now isn't it? It is art.

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder!

Aaaand this is why I think HDR is being misused in photography. Frankly it is just too much for me, it's not a photo any more.

And thats a bad thing because....????

And thats a bad thing because....????

Just gonna take a guess that this is the photo forum?

....and there is no such thing as an HDR from one photo. An HDR is a Higher Dynamic Range than what the photo can capture with one image. What you have is a tonemapped image. As for the image itself, it is horribly oversaturated and over-contrasted for my tastes.

This. nate pretty much said it all.
Oh no, not a purist. Oh well, there are also creative people here as well thank doG.

If this is what it takes for you to consider a picture creative...

And it's not creative when 80% of new photographer are doing it. At the end of the day nothing in photography is truly creative. Plus, creative=/=good.

Just my opinion.

Im curious why people who dont like HDR spend so much time in the forum telling the posters they dont like the photo. There are many other areas that lend more to traditional photos that are begging for comments.

Im curious why people who dont like HDR spend so much time in the forum telling the posters they dont like the photo. There are many other areas that lend more to traditional photos that are begging for comments.

Because the OP is NOT a true HDR. If people would study up on HDR and realize what it is truly for, there wouldn't be much of a debate. This should be called some other art form.

The original photo is fine on its own and needed NOT HDR processing.

At the end of the day nothing in photography is truly creative. Plus, creative=/=good.

Please Please Please tell you me you are joking????? Nothing in photography is truly creative??? Giant WTF moment right there. :confused:

At the end of the day nothing in photography is truly creative. Plus, creative=/=good.

Please Please Please tell you me you are joking????? Nothing in photography is truly creative??? Giant WTF moment right there. :confused:

Have you ever seen a photo that hadn't been done before? I am of course speaking of stuff like the composition, style, subject, etc. not of say a picture of Brooklyn bridge with a midget wearing a fedora sitting in the middle of it, that's just borderline specific and irrelevant to my point.

This applies to any form of art. To create something truly original(yeah I guess that's a better word) is very very very hard. I said creative because part of something being creative is its originality, a BIG part. Don't misunderstand me by thinking I mean no part of any given photo is creative/original, because that isn't true for a lot of photos; I am speaking of a completely, purely, 100%(key number) original/creative picture.

I only said that as a reason why saying "at least he was creative" is most of the time(about 95% I'd say) an erroneous argument.

Those who can, do. Those who cant, just yak yak yak. Ive never seen so much BS in any single thread. All from armchair experts who dont post themselves but are fast on the draw to criticize others who do. Bloody amazing. The only thing I will agree with is that the OP is not an HDR and should not have been posted here but in another forum for digital manipulation. But Im glad it was posted here otherwise I would have missed seeing it and I do like it.

Those who can, do. Those who cant, just yak yak yak. Ive never seen so much BS in any single thread. All from armchair experts who dont post themselves but are fast on the draw to criticize others who do. Bloody amazing. The only thing I will agree with is that the OP is not an HDR and should not have been posted here but in another forum for digital manipulation. But Im glad it was posted here otherwise I would have missed seeing it and I do like it.

Opinions have been posted here, whether you consider bull****(or vice-versa I consider the other stuff bs) doesn't matter. If you don't like the honest criticism, don't read it.

And again you consider what I or others post or do not post to have any bearing on my/out judgement, that's like saying I can't comment on how well or not someone can play basketball based on knowledge and observance yet not on personal ability. Inane argument.

Fedaykin, tell me, what do you and others of your ilk get out of criticizing when you dont participate yourself. What is your interest here? Why do you hang around the HDR forum?

Fedaykin, tell me, what do you and others of your ilk get out of criticizing when you dont participate yourself. What is your interest here? Why do you hang around the HDR forum?

I do participate, just not here in the HDR forum. I am not hanging around here, I simply found this thread through the New Posts search. If you need to ask why I or anyone else criticizes then you don't know why it is important.

It's because they are true fan's that explains it

Some people as you said sit around the chair being creative certainly isn't with photography perhaps @
doodling or crochet with the wife but surely not photography oh wait my mistake they're expert's with no expertise, you hit the nail on the head people talk blah but they do not participate to me it's like a contest to bring up their post rankings so they will say whatever often two words just to make a post, I have a better idea instead of just talking out of a$$ why don't you become more useful with your time and create guides, how to etc..That hold up to your post rankings then perhaps people would appreciate and respect you more I know I would.

Most reactions

Back