Sister and Her Boyfriend Session

eravedesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My parents suggested that I do a session with my sister and her boyfriend so I brought my gear with them to a spot in Southern California and snapped a couple off. Only thing I regret is getting some fill light in there...should have brought a flash.

I tried some various styles on the post process.

2772287388_757d53abae.jpg

2771926136_b0b4c16029.jpg

2771923336_380de980a3.jpg

2771923862_36f7a570be.jpg

2771925428_a394594972.jpg

I like the images, nice poses, good smiles, a few minor expsoure issues, but not fond of the treatments. I think these would be more effective in either colour or straight B&W (3,4 are rather over contrasty for my taste).

They definitely seem a little dark to me - you are correct that some fill flash, or at least a reflector would have helped.

I love the last one though! I like the texture too - great pose, expression from her - beautiful!

Thanks for the comments! I think the darkness issue is coming from my new laptop screen because when I viewed the photos again on my other lcd screen they did seem dark so I need to calibrate or just learn to adjust for my laptop screen.

I like my B&W to be high contrast just my thing...:) but the faces on #4 do seem too dark now that I look at them on the other screen.

Keep the comments coming haha.

The texture is a mix of a fabric brush and a grunge brush. I also did some post processing to get the colors more old skool looking and I then did some light erasing around focus points on the subjects.

I personally feel the treatment to the pictures is too much. I imagine the couple would like some fresh, clean looks on some of these... Their faces are much underexposed in most of these unfortunetly.

Pretty much what others have said repeated here. :)
A little dark which you knew. I love the poses, great job there.
I like the last one. They are a great looking couple and definitely great material if you are wanting to do some practice shoots and need beautiful models. :)
I'd love to see you reshoot them with adequate flash. I am sure it would be amazing. :)

Seems like a large amount of people either love the treatment to #2 and #5 or they hate it. I suppose that is just the nature of giving photos extra treatment like that.

Kellylindseyphotography: I don't know how underexposed you think their faces are I personally don't think its that bad but they are like that because I was shooting with their back to the ocean during sunset (with no fill light) so the sun at sunset was silhouetting their bodies a bit and when I exposed entirley just for their faces I blew out the background almost completely...I prefer to keep the background at least some what visible compared to completely white.

Hey. well that is stating the obvious of course. That is when your knowledge that those things were unavoidable and to go with 1 of 2 choices. USe a fill flash or reflector. Or expose for the faces and then do magic in photoshop for the background (not preference of course, but I would take that before underexposing the subject). Underexposing the subject in an attempt to keep your background looking nice is not a proper choice. The only other alternative I see is making them complete silouttes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back