Sister in law

DarkGT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While she was waiting for a guy that she likes to come over for a second date I figured I would take the opportunity to snap some pics of her all made up. The background is a textured wall in my home with a bounce flash turned way down and pointing up to reflect off the ceiling. Minor tweaks in PS to adjust contrast and a bit of color. Any comments or critiques are welcomed. She has never modeled before and I gave her no instruction for posing etc. This is my personal favorite from the series:

374585276_877d6de71a_o.jpg

Sweet 45 views and not one comment or critique! It must be the most technically perfect photo the board has ever seen :headbang: :D

Any comments on composition, positioning, posing, lighting, and or focusing would be appreciated. I feel like my skills have a lot of room to grow so any point of view would be appreciated. Thanks! :thumbsup: There are other pics in the series if anyone wants to see them.... anyone? .... Bueller?

I would go for a tighter crop, there is too much wasted space around her.

I would go for a tighter crop, there is too much wasted space around her.

For me, it needs a way tighter crop.

White balance could use some adjusting too. The wall is more yellow than white. What color is it actually? Her skin is too red. If you could do some basic adjustments, and crop, it could be much better.

Well. Tighter crop has already been said. One of her eyes is right in the centre of your photo. You might want to change that. Too much headroom, too much room on the left. On the right, too, coming to think of it.
The colour temperature is too warm. You might want to reduce the yellows, maybe also the reds?

Her smile looks a little forced.
But so do my smiles in most of my photos, mostly so self-portraits of mine, so there ...

Thanks! I will modify and then post the new one up tonight. The wall is "Navajo White" So it is an off white but not quite yellow. All comments are appreciated! There are others where she is smiling more, I liked this one because she was trying to be serious but was still giggling...
376049446_25c5151a32_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back