Sister of a friend

I just wanted some practice so a friend lent me her sister for the day so I could have fun.
Let me know what you think!! :D

Na69copy.jpg

I think: Student Body Vice President Naomi Rose, chairwoman, homecoming committee 2010, President Glee Club Girls' Chorale, member FBLA, member Famine Relief For Africa club, girls' volleyball.

sooo ur friend said "have fun with my sister" ehh??? :sexywink:

something about ur pp is bugging me though

Dude... she's only 15. :S

1. w/o the photoshop

Na12.jpg

And really... It's really none of your business why I put the watermark on there. I have posted these pictures on other places than here. And how do you know I did them for free?? I think it's kind of rude to assume.

I dont mind the tone of your post processing but I dont like the added noise. I love the idea with that shot with the leaf. But I think your DOF is too shallow. If I am not mistaken, her eyes are a bit soft and the leaf is crisp. It is not too bad though. So the added noise is what bothered me the most.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the OP is a chick. And while the have fun might still fit... She's actually -Danny's- Toria... which probably means she doesn't swing from that vine.

OP try not to be offended. People here hate watermarks, especially if they're noticeable. I like the original much better! I think you did a good job on these pics, but I agree with the overprocessed graininess of the skin is unappealing. :)

btw - I don't think the focus was missed on the eyes... that's MHO, but I think that photograph is a great idea!

Too high of contrast and too strong of a texture. These probably wouldn't look so hot in print. That's what the good Doctor would say.

Maybe a troll comment but I don't see the point of the watermark, these are free photos you are taking and not to be rude but they distract from the photo and although these are nice photos, I doubt anyone would take them and sell them off the web in low resolution....

tl;dr= watermarks are pointless (unless you are a pro)

BS. You're pointless. No pro photogs have been ripped off on many occasions. Everyone has a right to protect their copyright however they see fit.

BS. You're pointless. No pro photogs have been ripped off on many occasions. Everyone has a right to protect their copyright however they see fit.
IMO its distracting and although I like these pictures, just don't see the point.

You know I usually protect my images from my CLIENT! I know all they have is low resolution on the net, but they can still print out a wallet size pretty decent quality. Then of course they will put it on their facebook. Free advertising! I dont understand what the problem is with adding a signature. Not liking his/her signature/watermak design is one thing, but making a statement that it is pointless just doesnt make any sense.

IMO its distracting and although I like these pictures, just don't see the point.

That's because you're thinking illogically.

Like the first one.. rest of them looks too busy, subject is too blended with background (not standing out) . Did you used Photoshop filtersfor PP ?

Just saw original ...much better !

I'm guessing the OP is a chick. And while the have fun might still fit... She's actually -Danny's- Toria... which probably means she doesn't swing from that vine.

OP try not to be offended. People here hate watermarks, especially if they're noticeable. I like the original much better! I think you did a good job on these pics, but I agree with the overprocessed graininess of the skin is unappealing. :)

btw - I don't think the focus was missed on the eyes... that's MHO, but I think that photograph is a great idea!

I am a chick and I might swing that way but I still think that comment wasn't appropriate.

Thanks for all the comments about the Processing. It really helps me grow. And it's nice to get other people's opinions. I was really happy with the shots. It was really overcast and there were a lot of shadows I had to work around around but overall I was very happy with all the pictures I took that day.

I just wanted some practice so a friend lent me her sister for the day so I could have fun.

And really... It's really none of your business why I put the watermark on there. I have posted these pictures on other places than here. And how do you know I did them for free?? I think it's kind of rude to assume.

Practice, lent, friend, sister don't really say, "Paid photography." I hate melodrama.

The subject (cute girl) is too contrasty. You jacked it to give the texture walls, but she looks weird in the process.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back