Sit with granny. Ah man do I have too?

Manual_Focus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone remember the days with the family that just showed up for the holidays. There was always one that had some weird camera.
Mine was a relative that had one of those camera you had to really push the bulb in to lock it in place.
Dont stand near that thing when the spring button pops it out. That bulb was liquid lava, and you know. You can poke an eye out with that thing.

Does anyone remember the days with the family that just showed up for the holidays. There was always one that had some weird camera.
Mine was a relative that had one of those camera you had to really push the bulb in to lock it in place.
Dont stand near that thing when the spring button pops it out. That bulb was liquid lava, and you know. You can poke an eye out with that thing.

We had the largest house in the family so most of the time people came over to our house for extended family holidays. As for the relative with the camera in everyone's faces. That was ME from about 7 years on! I was the bane of my mother as of course I was really young and was just taking pictures. But of course I was so young I could not afford to buy my own film. So, I was always asking my mom to bring film home.

So, yea I remember that person. :801:

See stories like this I love. Thx for sharing.

I came across a pic of a Kodak Instamatic X15 the other day. And remembered we had one of these. Most of the time, you would nvr develop the film right away. There was always Christmas, New Years, Easter and July 4th all on one roll.
I wasnt allow to use it unless family were over for a gathering. But, when no one was looking I was out doors pretenting I was on the Daily Chronicle. Along with the other shot of the family. There would be our dog scratching himself, a blade of grass or a bird flying overhead.
And there at K-Mart near the Blue Light flashing and the Cafe, was the film center. Mom would always have that puzzled look on her face when the prints were being looked at. Hmm, I dont recall taking these outdoor shots. Me, beats me I dont know.
But always I just remembered, thumb sliding that lever and hearing that click. And knew, just knew I just took a picture of some amazing object. Grass, yea right!

Last edited:
I think it was when I was 14 that Christmas my step fathers mother gave every family (her 3 sons) a Franklin Ace 1200 computer system for the kids (copy of Apple II +). And an X-370 camera package. I think it had 3 lenses. I thought it was an XG-1. But now I think about it. It was an X-370. Well I took over the computer and the camera as soon as the newness had worn off. At first I would always put the camera back in the cabinet where parents kept it. But eventually I just kept it in my room. I used it constantly probably through middle of college. My younger step brother eventually lost that camera. I moved on to Nikon while in college.

Dont you just love when folks lise your important property?

Well by then I already had my equipment and backup. And parents used it very little if any. So, I think younger brother was doing the same as me. But he always loses things. His present every year from me is a wallet. And he needs one each and every time!!! :048:

A wallet hun? I found a brown one last week. A note inside stated, if found return to above adress and inclose $20.00 please. Just my luck, instead of finding money, now I'm out $20.00.

Most reactions

Back