Site improvements I think the site needs.

photo guy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think the site needs to be more pro-photography (about getting people into and staying in photography) on top of what it does now. I also think there should be catagories for the different types of photography and photographers. (If the second one is done, it should be towards the upper part of the page and not the lower [basement as I like to think of it]. This could help lead to more people joining the site as well as more people learning about photography.

What is the site now if it's not pro-photography? Helping people learn about photography is in fact a major function of the site, which is why the Photography Beginners' Forum & Photo Gallery is by far the most active forum on here.

I an not saying it doesn't help people somewhat, I am simply saying it should be expanded to fit all parts of photography instead of most.

I an not saying it doesn't help people somewhat, I am simply saying it should be expanded to fit all parts of photography instead of most.
Can you give us a comprehensive list of 'all parts of photography'? :er:

Can you give us a comprehensive list of 'all parts of photography'? :er:

I think he means there should be even more subfora!!!

as in like tutorials?

I realize I haven't been around here very long but I think the guys who put it together did a pretty good job of it. I've been on some sites that have forums, then sub-forums, then sub-sub forums, then discussion areas, then yadda, yadda, yadda. By the time I get to the proper area I've forgotten what I was going to write. My impression is that it ain't broke so don't fix it.

Specialized Photography would be a good catagory to start with (for those of us who do fire photography - freelance, paid by depts, or vol for depts) etc. would be a good start. Some in depth articles on photography would also be nice to see. Also if someone posts about a new website (that does deal with photography) it should be put up towards the top of the site page for 1-2 weeks to get the word out about it so people see it instead of moving it within 2 days. I am more than happy to put a link to this site on the other photo site that I am on but only if I can actually get some cooperation here. (Right now I think that is too much to ask). I do like this site otherwise but believe that some of these improvements would certainly help. Thank You

Wedding Photography, Portrait Photography, Fun Photography, Sport Photography, Specialized Photography, Animal Photograpy, Building Photography, Other Event Photography, Airial Photography. I think this is a good start. Want more, let me know. Thanks

Specialized Photography would be a good catagory to start with (for those of us who do fire photography - freelance, paid by depts, or vol for depts) etc. would be a good start. Some in depth articles on photography would also be nice to see. Also if someone posts about a new website (that does deal with photography) it should be put up towards the top of the site page for 1-2 weeks to get the word out about it so people see it instead of moving it within 2 days. I am more than happy to put a link to this site on the other photo site that I am on but only if I can actually get some cooperation here. (Right now I think that is too much to ask). I do like this site otherwise but believe that some of these improvements would certainly help. Thank You

Ah, so this is about you being upset about your post for another site being moved to an appropriate section of this forum. Gotcha.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...266177-new-photo-site-fire-photographers.html

to: mjhoward

I haven't said anything negative today to you or about you so I don't think it's too nice for you to be bashing me when I am just trying to suggest some good changes for this site

What you've suggested would make the subforum section endless and difficult to find anything! You've suggested making subforums so specific as to include fire photography.... where do you stop?!? Fruit photography, seed photography, grass photography, cloud photography, rain photography, etc... I just found it humorous and analogous to Bubba (Forrest Gump if you're real young) naming off every type of shrimp combination possible so I posted the reference. I forgot that some TPF members have no sense of humor so I'll refrain and help keep this place as dull as possible. It seems that anymore on here, you can't crack a joke or provide honest C&C (when asked mind you)without someone thinking that its a 'jab' at them or taking it personal. Good grief.

Wedding photography is probably the only one that I've noticed that might warrant is own sub-forum. However we already have people photography and the professional gallery which would absorb wedding content for most anyway. Generally speaking the new sub-forums are made only when there is significant demand from the community and contribution of the content to make opening the subforum worth while opening.

Most of the sections suggested thus far are just too specific and for a generalist forum would simply not see enough use to really require opening a whole section for them (though that said we could make a Bitter Subsection -- er I mean jewelry section ;) )

The only specific gallery section that I can support is a nsfw section for nudes. That isn't an option though due to the fact that the last time the site owners got excited and wet was when they were getting off the Mayflower.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back