Site owner (Chase isn't it?).

Number 1: Surely the config file has a Htaccess file protecting it.

Last time I installed a phpbb, nope.

Number 2: Surely the config file has been chmodded to read only...it must be pritty hard to over go a chmodded file...

You can change it's values, so can a script very easily.

Why would the words Powerd by? make a difference? The code around it sure...but they dont need to drop the powerd by words....

Because the virus searches for "phpbb" "powered by" etc. If it finds that it starts doing it's thang. Get rid of the "powered by" part and when it searches for it and doesn't find it it'll keep searching. It's better to remove the "powered by" part than the version code because you'll always know what version you have without having to log-in to the admin panel.

Nope. It was cheaper to put a padlock on my pyjamas with the bottom flap.

Now I just need to find that bloody key...

ferny said:
Nope. It was cheaper to put a padlock on my pyjamas with the bottom flap.

Now I just need to find that bloody key...

Don't wory English pyjamas have a pressure relief valve built in for just such emergencies. Just make sure that you're somewhere you can hose down easily when it happens :wink:

But mine are grey imports. :(
Still, I save myself £0.0005. Woohoo!

Aha! There's the key. Now to just bend over and....

:oops:

As far as I know, if we are using php 4.3.9-4.3.10 or php 5.0.3 the santy worm isn't a problem. Otherwise I would suggest that Chase make the upgrades ASAP... We moved to 4.3.10 on all of our servers last week! Glad we did too, we had some other boxes on campus that got hit!

Zach :D

Most reactions

Back