Site to check out

Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im not sure if this should go here or if theres a better place suited for it, so feel free to move it if you need.

This morning I read a thread in another forum, visited the site and have been thinking about it all day. For all the good work they do, I think that I should at least spread the word.

This is from the thread I saw it at:
http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/

It is a foundation co-founded by Sandy Puc' AMAZING photographer here in the Denver area! When her friend Cheryl had a baby with little time left in the world, Cheryl's husband called Sandy to have portraits taken of their little one before he was handed over to the Lord. Sandy created an amazing intimate session with the family as they held and cuddled their little man in his last moments of life, and after his last breath. She then refused any payment from Cheryl and her husband. Later when the family came to view the portraits on a very well created DVD presentation, Cheryl and Sandy sketched out the ideas to co-found the foundation, Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, helping parents grieve the passing of their baby, with ABSOLUTELY free services at the hospital.

Please check it out, and if you can donate your time, Im sure they would appreciate it! Its a great idea, I have a huge amount of respect for these people for having the courage to do what they do, and hope to get better at portraiture to help them out.

That's a wonderful service that they provide. I'm not sure that I'd be able to do that myself though. I think I'd find it too hard to take photos through my tears. I barely made it through the website. :cry:

Well, I didn't see the slide show. I browsed around a bit and when my vision started getting blurry, I had to stop looking. I did look at the photographers agreement though. Very straight forward. I just don't think I could keep a professional composure while shooting these portraits. I can't even imagine the post processing. These photographers truly have guts.

I just printed the contract. Right now there are no other photographers in NH who are affiliated. I wanted to do something like this at a local hospital in MN but didn't start before I left. This is an amazing thing to be able to do for a family. Thank you for the link, Kara!

Yeah I was suprised at the amount of states that have no one affiliated, and funnily enough the first person I thought of was you Alison ;) when I saw their work I thought it looked just like yours.

Karalee said:
Yeah I was suprised at the amount of states that have no one affiliated, and funnily enough the first person I thought of was you Alison ;) when I saw their work I thought it looked just like yours.

I did some photos of a friend's daughter while she was in the hospital for kidney related issues. Seeing the parent's light up with the joy of their daughter was enough to make me realize I needed to do this for more families. I'm going to contact the site owner to see if I can approach the local hospital to spread the word that this service is available.

I wish I could do something...but I couldnt help.
I dont even understand some of the photos...one of the children pics...the baby looked old, and his eye lids were thin, like his lips...it scared me..these people have the support of the tpf im guessing...wonder if we could go a charity thing on this forum to help raise them money?

Artemis said:
...the baby looked old, and his eye lids were thin, like his lips...

That's what a very premature baby looks like. Babies develop all of their organs very early in pregnancy, and the latter half is to help them gain weight and have their lungs develop. It is hard to look at and realize what happened, but to the parents this is their beautiful child.

AlisonPower said:
That's what a very premature baby looks like. Babies develop all of their organs very early in pregnancy, and the latter half is to help them gain weight and have their lungs develop. It is hard to look at and realize what happened, but to the parents this is their beautiful child.

Sometimes its hard to think about the amount of pain in the world...but theres joy to.
Is there anything we could all do to help them out?

Thanks so much for sharing this link Kara.

No problem! I'm glad people are signing up, last night I was thinking I wasn't the caliber of portrait photographer they were looking for, then I thought to myself well a lot of states (like the one I live in) dont have any photographers associated with them, so at least if I sign up there will be someone.

Thanks, you guys are the best.

OMG Karalee, I am bawling my eyes out right now. That is the most beautiful and touching thing I think I've ever seen.

I don't think I'm that caliber either, but I just sent the link to my boss. I hope she will sign up. It's such a wonderful thing these people are doing.

Most reactions

Back