Size Matters?

bblaine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what is the standard size for cropping pictures for a CD (for the customer to take and print out their own pictures)?

I personally do 5x7..

I know some photographers will crop for 4x6 5x7 and 8x10 for their clients....

Not to me, but if you're concerned, there are medications advertised on television which are supposed to hel...

Oh, sorry, I see what you mean...

Unless there's a specific request, I generally do 4x6 and 5x7, but sometimes an image will only suit a particular size crop, so go with that.

I do 4 x 6. If they want to order prints from me, I show them about a dozen where I do a different size crop and do extra PP on the print. Then I tell them that ALL prints ordered from me will be given that extra PP and a professional eye for the crop whereas if they crop it themselves at wally world, they wont get the same quality as they would from me.

thanks guys, i have been cropping at 5x7... maybe i will do one of each.

lol :lol:

Not to me, but if you're concerned, there are medications advertised on television which are supposed to hel...

Oh, sorry, I see what you mean...

Unless there's a specific request, I generally do 4x6 and 5x7, but sometimes an image will only suit a particular size crop, so go with that.

Thread moved. re: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95620

I keep all the images in the native format, 2:3 (4x6), even when I crop. When I sell the files to the client, I usually keep extra space so that they can be cropped to other ratios. When I make 4x6 prints for them, I will often crop some of them to look better at that ratio.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back