Size of prints?

What size prints do your customers prefer?

• 4 x 6

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 5 x 7

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 8 x 12

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 10 x 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16 x 20

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 16 x 24

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

jadin

The Mad Hatter
Reaction score
Website
jadinhanson.smugmug.com
What size prints do most of your customer's prefer? Are they given a choice?

I have an exhibition at an art show and want to know what size prints to have available for sales.

*I only listed sizes my prints are in with one exception

TIA!

I voted 5X7 but I also do alot of 11x14.

11x14/or something close is a good size. You can charge a good price because its not to small to big and it appeals to alot of people looking for something that once its framed isn't going to take up a whole wall. Its also easy to transport and show the quality of your work. You can always have them order larger sizes from what they see from your pieces.

My 5x7s I do show or sell only with a large matte surrounding the image. This lets the image play off the rather large negative space of the matte and centralizing the image. I find this is a good size to push for people who want some quality artwork but aren't going to pay alot for a framed piece

Yeah that should work. I just like something in that ballpark. Big enough you can see across the room but not so large that you would have to devote a whole room to it. If your going to sell differant sizes at this show or convention, etc. think about bringing a couple of sizes of prints from large to small to allow people to decide what they would like to order. It will help them visual what there working with before they purchase.

I would have to ask how you saw the photograph? What your vision is/was for the final print is more important than guessing what a "customer" wants.

JC1220 said:
I would have to ask how you saw the photograph? What your vision is/was for the final print is more important than guessing what a "customer" wants.

A3 is always nice, or 8x10...

something bigger than 5x7, but less than 8x10?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back