Skateboard shots

Disorbia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, im new at this forum and for now I mainly shoot skateboarding
so I wanted to share some of my photos with you guys :)
(in the last one the sign says: "no jumping", its an abandoned swimming pool)

$pi9g.jpg

$g2gz.jpg

$sgyd.jpg

$mwsy.jpg

Picture 3, did he land it? looks like he got some crazy hang time up there

Sweet pictures!

#3 is great.

Looking good! Looks straight out of Thrasher!! Reminds me of my youth!

Love the first shot can u maybe explain how u did that ?
I used 2 speedlights, 1 on the left over that blue rail and one on the right (you can see it in the picture) pointing on the scene
I love using 1 speedlight for lighting the floor and the scene, gives a dramatic look.
The lense was a 8mm samyang fisheye lense

Thanks for the comments people!

Love the first shot can u maybe explain how u did that ?
I used 2 speedlights, 1 on the left over that blue rail and one on the right (you can see it in the picture) pointing on the scene
I love using 1 speedlight for lighting the floor and the scene, gives a dramatic look.
The lense was a 8mm samyang fisheye lense

Thanks for the comments people!

I love #3 and thanks very much for explaining the lighting. I was out a few days ago (DSLR in hand) and some of the skater kids asked if I would take some shots for them. Your explanation has given me the inspiration to go and shoot them again but with a very dramatic improvement in results I suspect.

I love taking pictures which require high shutter speeds and good reflexes (sports etc) so you may given me a new way to enjoy photography even more. :)

Wow nice! I also shoot skateboard. What flashes have you used on the first pic?

I think its a great gallery which you have put up, kind of like dynamic photography!

These are awesome!!! Great shots! Must be cool to know how to skateboard like that! :')

Wow nice! I also shoot skateboard. What flashes have you used on the first pic?
The left one (pointing on the skater) is a 580ex II and the one pointing on the scene is a 430ex II

Thanks for the comments!

Most reactions

Back