Skateboarder

flashback1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
skaterboarderscaled.jpg

I normally prefer B&W for my street shots but in this case, I really liked the splashes of color, on the skateboarder as well as the building behind him. Thoughts, comments and critique always welcome

Don't mind color but in this situation, the color seems misplaced.
My eye is drawn to the sign and the two women in the pedestrian crossing, who are more in focus, and the skateboarder seems out of focus and less important.
This might be oversharpened, there are halos and it seems a bit 'crunchy'.

All that being said, welcome to a badly needed street shooter - and one from NYC at that.

It's an amazing world we live in when I can find the exact spot you were shooting from on the Intertube.
I love NY

upload_2016-8-12_17-36-59.png

My eye is drawn to the sign and the two women in the pedestrian crossing, who are more in focus, and the skateboarder seems out of focus and less important.

All that being said, welcome to a badly needed street shooter - and one from NYC at that.

It's an amazing world we live in when I can find the exact spot you were shooting from on the Intertube.
I love NY

View attachment 125967
I agree. I didn't even see the guy on the skateboard at first. My eye went straight to the red sign in the background. Just my $0.02

I love NY

View attachment 125967

Yup I do see some halos, I was trying to sharpen up the skateboarder a bit. I was actually shooting the two woman crossing the street when the skateboarder kind of photobombed me.
I appreciate the feedback, thanks.

I love NY

View attachment 125967
I agree. I didn't even see the guy on the skateboard at first. My eye went straight to the red sign in the background. Just my $0.02

Thanks for commenting, I've converted this shot to B&W but to my eye this one just seemed 'better' in color. That may mean that without color, the shot isn't all that good.

Try local adjustments and try to darken the background / lightening the subject. It's a good picture, just needs some tweaking, in my opinion

Try local adjustments and try to darken the background / lightening the subject. It's a good picture, just needs some tweaking, in my opinion

I appreciate the suggestions, I'll give it a shot and see if I can work up a better version.

Most reactions

Back