Skateboarder

jrazky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure about this photo, I am not sure if I captured a "feel" of the action, and also unsure if the fence bar is in the right place. Would it help to position myself so the bar is further to the left or does the image work as is?

skate1.jpg

To me that big bar is absolutely distracting. So yes, to my mind it'd work better if you positioned yourself so the bar is much- much further to the left.

I think it depends on what your goal with the picture is. I think with the poll there, it looks more like the picture is taken from the point of view of an outsider, and I like that.

I think the photo works nothing wrong with the pole. it seems to me you were not trying to capture a spcific move rather the feel of it all and the picture does evoke a feeling to me at least

I agree the photo has a "feel" to it that I like, I just am not sure what the feel is. I like this photo, I think theheater has the best grasp of the "outside looking in." It is definately not about the actual jumping off the wall, it is a feeling I was after. Thanks for responses!

My son was getting tired of jumping off over again but is thrilled he is on the net with his board.

You need to position yourself so the bar is out of the picture.

I'm not against the "outside-looking-on" perspective you chose here, and I much appreciate it, but I would have preferred that vertical bar to be on the very left, as part of the frame, without getting yet more of a view still further left. That is my opinion. But it need not be totally gone from your frame, for you did not want to take THE JUMP or so... I understand.

As a skater...I've seen and taken a good share of skate pictures. I understand what you were trying to do here, but I feel it could have been done a little better. Next time, don't have the bar central in the photo. People would get the idea withouth losing the sense that you are outside looking in.

As an abstract its fine... as a skate picture I have to agree with Local Skater... bar definately is distracting and should be more towards the left of the shot...

Most reactions

Back