Skatepark Scenes

tmurphy0828

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to the skatepark today and brought my camera to take some shots when I wasnt skating around. My friends Clay and Mike were filming a trick on this diy quarterpipe we built in the back corner of the park. I sort of tried to get a behind the scenes perspective of the process of a filmer and a skateboarder working together to film a trick. Let me know what you think of the photos

#1 This is a photo of Clay right after he bailed a try. He seemed to be getting pretty frustrated.

#2 This is a photo of Mike waiting for Clay to skate up to the ramp for a try.

#3 And finally a photo of Clay getting his trick (frontside smith stall) and Mike getting the footage of it.

The first 2 are under exposed, at least a full stop. The composition of all 3 is pretty good.

I added a stop (1 EV) to the whole image, added some more exposure to his eye sockets, and boosted the mid-tone contrast.
Converting from color to black and white is kind of tricky, and the camera's Monochrome setting doesn't do a very good job.

9456486126_ca85b209d0_c.jpg

The first 2 are under exposed, at least a full stop. The composition of all 3 is pretty good.

I added a stop (1 EV) to the whole image, added some more exposure to his eye sockets, and boosted the mid-tone contrast.
Converting from color to black and white is kind of tricky, and the camera's Monochrome setting doesn't do a very good job.

9456486126_ca85b209d0_c.jpg
That is something I definitely wanted feedback on was the composition. What do you think I could have done to improve on it?

Hmmm I probably would have been better off with my first edit of these photos then. I thought they were a bit over exposed so I bumped the exposure down a bit but after seeing your edit next to mine I can definitely see the difference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back