Skatepark shot(s)

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've recently been hanging around in a skatepark located drectly beneath the A40 in London taking photos for a university project.

I have already posted this in themes but I thought I'd put it here too for a little more exposure as it's my first attempt at overlaying images like this in photoshop.

Being directly underneath the motorway meant that light was at a premium but I tried to recover what detail I could in PS as well with a little lightness and saturation adjustment and some levels tinkering.

skatepost.jpg

Let me know what you think folks :)

nice composite! :)
If it were me, i might think about cropping roughly the top and bottom thirds off... and maybe tweaking the levels a bit more to bring the skater away from the background a little more..

but very nice! <<Thumbs up>> :)

Thanks for the tips captain spanky...

I've twiddled the levels some more and cropped tighter is this what you had in mind?

skate4.jpg

Nice work.. I like the cropped version !!

That park looks like it'd be fun to skate. It's a solid pic, although speaking from a skate photographer's POV, I'd have gotten closer and given more empasis to the trick itself, rather than the run up. For example:

dannyfrickinbomb.jpg

Fair play to you though, sequences are hard to get right, and you've done an admirable job here, as skateparks are always difficult to shoot in.

hey, Ben_:)
i like the first version much more - the only thing i would change is the background - its too agresive(?) for me, especially the red signs in there....great work -:)

thanks everyone, So it seems to have been a fair attempt for a first sequence. I would have gone closer mal but I ran the risk of getting flattened by several guys riding BMX,
And anua I think the aggressive colours came from a little overuse of the saturation tool in the first image ;)

Scurra said:
I would have gone closer mal but I ran the risk of getting flattened by several guys riding BMX,

Yeah, I feel your pain. I've come very close to getting either my camera or myself messed up from people colliding into me when I'm trying to get a shot in a skatepark. Street is so much easier to shoot, and arguably more fun too.

Most reactions

Back