Skating Photography Tips/Hints?

beaminge36

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, several of my fraternity brothers are into skateboarding/longboarding/inline skating and I think they can prove to be very good subjects to photograph. I've taken no such pictures so I am calling on the collective wisdom of this forum to guide me towards getting better shots. Should I stick with the fast nifty fifty or bring the 17-85 and mess around with the wider angle? Include ground to show height or isolat subject in the sky? Go with a shallow depth of feild and freeze the action with a blurred b/g or get everything in focus? I really want to experiment with all the options incuding others I have but i'd rather stick to a few tried and true methods and attempt to recreate those before experimenting with my own ideas. After all, they will run out of energy before I do. Thanks for any suggestions and tips,

Nick

it's not like you have to sit in a blackroom and develop prints. grab the camera and go take some shots.
if i have learned anything in my (short) time taking photos, its that you are usually your own best critic. just go out and shoot all kinds of stuff. You clearly have some good ideas of different ways to shoot so go try them all out, load them up on the computer and see what looks good and what doesn't.

post up some pics when you are done I am interested to see.

I was gonna suggest the same thread as goodoneian posted.. as it was my thread.. theres some great tips in there.. and yes, you should get a wideangle lens (fish eye)

Most reactions

Back