Sketches for Project Ideas ...

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Would it make sense to pay a few nickels (less than $50) to a sketch artist for three or four sketches of a scene to show to the model(s) before they sign on, so that there's no surprises ... especially on an edgy sort of project. Is this typically done?

I would do the whole ask-an-artist-buddy-for-a-favor thing, but I'd rather pay, and get contractual ownership of the sketches, so that there's no legal entanglements.

I have never heard of this before, but I am also not active in this type of work.

I will say this, if I was in charge of hiring a photographer for a commercial shoot and one had provided a portfolio that covered concept through creation it would standout to me. Especially if I could see the realization of the sketch to the final product.

Can you maybe find a similar photo on the web, using one of the several search engines? Or maybe just take a shot at producing your own sketches? I've seen storyboards that were not "all that detailed" for videos and TV commercials, and the sketches are not really "high-definition", but are more thematic, less detailed.

Can you maybe find a similar photo on the web, using one of the several search engines? Or maybe just take a shot at producing your own sketches? I've seen storyboards that were not "all that detailed" for videos and TV commercials, and the sketches are not really "high-definition", but are more thematic, less detailed.

Exactly ... I really just want some very basic line art, with a little shading. And I can't draw **** by hand.

Most reactions

Back