Ski Jump (pano)

Brian_barrett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.geog.leeds.ac.uk
Hi, I got a lot of positive response to my first thread (My Best Panoramic), so I thought I'd post this cute little panoramic:

"Ski Jump" (hyperlink to larger image)

Shame about the gentleman in the middle foreground, but ski runs do get busy! Anyone else have panoramics with multiple images of the same person?

Nice, very nice. And yes, my wife got in one twice. It's a 180 pano of the seawall after Katrina.

Hey Brian, this is yet another quite impressive pano! :D
And yes, I have seen others do this kind of picture before on here, only don't I remember who exactly it was... there is a series on skateboarding in front of my inner eye right now, but the more I think about it, the more mountainbiking might also be a good subject for these sorts of multiple exposures in pano-style.

One question: why is that standing person stationary and totally unblurred ... is that because he only got into ONE of your four frames? Sorry to be asking such silly questions, it's just that I don't know how this is done... :roll: :er:

LaFoto said:
One question: why is that standing person stationary and totally unblurred
The person standing still was in every image, however the software (i think it was the stich software that came with my Canon camera) has chosen where to trim each image. So he has been trimmed out of the other three images. I initially thought these trimmings and stitchings were approximately vertical and were only invisible because they occur in mostly featureless snow areas, however ...

LaFoto said:
Sorry to be asking such silly questions...
not a silly question at all, because the more i look at it the harder it is to explain. i only just noticed the man has three ski poles due to the stitch!!! So the stitching is clearly not a simple cut/stretch and paste job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back