Skin Tones - many different oranges (NSFW-ish)

MOREGONE

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I did a fitness themed shoot over the weekend and am experiencing some difficulties with the skin tones. Her face, body and legs all appear to be different shades of orange. The makeup is one shade compared against her body but then her legs look much more orange as if they were a spray tan or something

I am sorry but I do not have an untouched version handy (at work).

How do you guys go about addressing this? I have raised the luminance and lowered the saturation levels but that is global in LR. In my example it is not as obvious but I can still tell. I plan to take it into PS to separate the sections and adjust them individually as my next attempt just wanted to see if anyone had any tips on this.

Sharon.jpg

You'll need to learn how to make local adjustments instead of global ones for things like this. The video that Buckster put up is a really good way to do it.

Yeah that video was very helpful. Love the Phlearn videos.

Let me know what you guys think,
before
Sharon - Fitness-13.jpg
after

Sharon - Fitness-13-Edit-Edit.jpg

she spent a lot of money on that tan for you to split tone it away...

the after shot is very nice, its perhaps the whole tan thing goes with body sculpting but its tricky in a photo

Cameras are so sensitive to these things. I could tell her makeup was a little cooler than the rest, but the legs looked pretty normal in person. I first thought it was cause her legs were all the well lit but in other shots I did focus more light on them and it only got worse (more orange)

Most reactions

Back