Skweekie Presents.....Kayla #8 (1st Home Studio Shots)

SkWeEkiE

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.abrownphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well as the title says, I took these shots in my living-room with a black sheet thumb-tacked to the ceiling, and two black sheets on the floor.

My only PP was WB correction and USM in CS2 (shot in RAW)

Please give me some C&C so i can learn from my many mistakes :)
Enjoy:

1. Should have clonned out the bra, and the back of her necklace :(
Kayla-Home-Studio-A-1.jpg

2. PP on her armpit. Also i feel she looks like an amputee
Kayla-Home-Studio-A-2.jpg

3. Innocent? (I know her foot looks REALLY strange)
Kayla-Home-Studio-A-3.jpg

4. Always nice to have some fun :p
Kayla-Home-Studio-A-6.jpg

The first 3 are quite nice, the lighting looks spot on and the black BG works well. The last one? LOL Well, its uh, interesting! LOL Nice work!

I like #3. I'm not a big fan of "glamour" poses . . . they seem to be really, really demanding of both model and photographer. It's hard to envision this young woman striking these poses in the real world . . . and I think the lighting and clothing miss on the glamour front. Your model has a lovely figure. I'd look for a pose to highlight her figure as you'd see her in a more natural environment.

The first 3 are quite nice, the lighting looks spot on and the black BG works well. The last one? LOL Well, its uh, interesting! LOL Nice work!
Thanks for the response! Yeah, #4 was just her joking around and having some fun :p
I like #3. I'm not a big fan of "glamour" poses . . . they seem to be really, really demanding of both model and photographer. It's hard to envision this young woman striking these poses in the real world . . . and I think the lighting and clothing miss on the glamour front. Your model has a lovely figure. I'd look for a pose to highlight her figure as you'd see her in a more natural environment.
Thanks for the comment! Yeah, i am not much of a "glamour" person myself, but i find when using a "studio" style setting/setup it is hard to get Natural poses and such.....

We were mainly just experimenting to see if my living-room was big wnough to shoot in! And thanks to my new Tamron 10-200mm lens, YES i have enough room!

-cheers :)

Nice shots, but don't do it for me. I prefer more natural shots. These look obviously posed. I suppose it depends what area you are in or wish to focus on photographically.

What light sources did you use?
nameless cheapies from eBay.

100w strobe
60w model light
slave sensor (30ft)
umbrella
soft box
stand
--came in a set of 2 for $100 incl. shipping!

They do a decent job for me right now, but i know they aren't that great in general. once i get further in school, i'll be investing some money in new lights!
Nice shots, but don't do it for me. I prefer more natural shots. These look obviously posed. I suppose it depends what area you are in or wish to focus on photographically.

would it be strange if the pictures also don't work for me either? :afro: YES these were all posed... but i was mainly looking to see if i would be able to light my subject properly, with the limited space in my living roon :)

I appreciate your comment! Thanks!

nameless cheapies from eBay.

100w strobe
60w model light
slave sensor (30ft)
umbrella
soft box
stand
--came in a set of 2 for $100 incl. shipping!

Hey -- if you happen to remember the seller's name, or can find them on ebay again to let me know (item #) -- I'd be interested in seeing!

Right now fancy lights are not in my budget - but I'd love something simple to just take photos of my kids at home so I can stop giving money to the portrait studios in the mall!!!!

I like what you have done here, Also the last shot was cool. Like everyone else and yourself I don't think it would make the cover of FHM but she is nice to look at. I have nevr used studio lights but it looks to me you got what you needed.

... but i find when using a "studio" style setting/setup it is hard to get Natural poses and such.....
This might sound cheesy, but study up on some of the classic Roman poses, and try those with your next model shoot. I think you might be pleasantly suprised...

Hey -- if you happen to remember the seller's name, or can find them on ebay again to let me know (item #) -- I'd be interested in seeing!

Right now fancy lights are not in my budget - but I'd love something simple to just take photos of my kids at home so I can stop giving money to the portrait studios in the mall!!!!
When i purchased the lights, they came in in a pack like i mentioned above. 2 of everything.... here is a link (all i could find now) to just ONE LIGHT, but i am sure you can search around for the exact deal i got: (i have 4 lights, 2 are 110w with the 60w model lamp, and the other 2 are the ones i provided in the link. If you just go to search, and type in "studio Strobe" you'll see lots of results! thats how i found the ones i use now :))
Clicky Clicky
I like what you have done here, Also the last shot was cool. Like everyone else and yourself I don't think it would make the cover of FHM but she is nice to look at. I have nevr used studio lights but it looks to me you got what you needed.
Yep! Def enough to light my subjects the way id like :) thanks

This might sound cheesy, but study up on some of the classic Roman poses, and try those with your next model shoot. I think you might be pleasantly suprised...
not cheesy at all! thanks for the tip :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back