Sky High

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wondering your general feelings on composition. Thanks in advance for looking.
Edit at will.
BC1CA9E2E3.jpg

Would have given it a bit more down the right - the tree that is there is showing just enough to be annoying. I doubt if you could have got rid of it and i think it needs something down there. A bit more of it would have been better.
For the same reason I'm in two minds about the horse's leg bottom right. Getting rid of it takes something away - adding a little more might have been better.
I'm just being nit-picky, though, stranger ;)
Overall a nice one.

what i didn't like was also the leg, make more of it or loose it. the tree doesn't bother me, it leaves room for the sky yet still is a frame. i find it nicely cropped (well i mean when you took the pic, let;s call that cropping :D)

Having a second - longer - look, you're right about the tree. There's continuity between the line of the treetops on the left and the tree on the right edge which pulls it into the picture. The top of the horses head is on the same line (and it's parallel to the top of the building).
I'm starting to think that the horse's leg isn't too much of a problem either. I think more would ruin the balance and less would look odd. Perhaps just dropping the tone localy on it so it's a bit darker and less obvious?

eydryan said:
umm yeah, let's just say it looks good the way it is :D
Oh come on - that would be too easy :lol:

It's often the case - you look at a picture and come to certain conclusions about it. Then you come back a bit later and look again only to decide that your first impression was wrong.
This is why I always like to have several goes at looking at a picture. The pauses in between give you time to think it through.

I'm guessing is because at our core were creative people. Sometimes the creativity comes out as photos, sometimes as writings, and sometimes as other forms of art. It all stems from the same seed.

"Change is part of art. Art is part of Life. And life is an ever changing entity." - Me

_KA

If you are referring to my sig - it's usually part of an in joke, like my title and location. Sometimes you can match them up :lol:
As for other people - it probably reflects their mood or feeling. Start a thread in Off-Topic...

hehe, "fear is the path to the dark side...fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate...leads to suffering" hehe, yoda should have been a photographer :lol: he has the seed for poetry thus he should have taken his imperial EOS and blasted some shots.

i really like the angle that u dealt with, just seems like there is something missing like u should have taken the picture at sunrise, sunset or something should be in the sky. I dont know what exactly but besides that I really like this composition.

Most reactions

Back