Skyline of New York City

Victor Utama

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a black and white photo i worked on last night.

This was taken last summer right after a storm from the Top of the rock conservation deck.

Processed this in lightroom and converted it to black and white with Silver Efex Pro (by Nik Software)

Skyline of New York City by Victor Utama 500px

I'm open with any feedback and feel free to let me know how'd you make it if you were the photographer.

Thanks!

Vic

Its a good shot, I like the composition, framing and the feel to this one. However the clouds look a bit weird to me, like thery're a bit too processed and the buildings look like they lack a bit of contrast which gives it a flat feel.

But I am viewing it on my phone so what I see may not be too accurate.

Its a good shot, I like the composition, framing and the feel to this one. However the clouds look a bit weird to me, like thery're a bit too processed and the buildings look like they lack a bit of contrast which gives it a flat feel.

But I am viewing it on my phone so what I see may not be too accurate.

Thanks! But feel free to let me know again once you see it from the computer. :)

I like it but I don't know how to compare it with another shot with film, for instance. My first thought was that it is very well done, but strangely well-lighted down in the canyons.

BTW: I really like the night shot from the skating rink. That shot has more "punch", probably because there is more black in it than the first shot.

No worries mate, will do. I've been planning to do a bit of PP but not been back from work in time so far this week.

While the picture is amazing, I don't like the "gray and white" choice. Could be a lot more dramatic with other tones solutions. And Silver Efex gives you a lot of options from this POW.

Most reactions

Back