sleeping beauty's castle...

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently posted shot at an abandoned castle in Belgium...
here's an outside view of the place... I think it really looks amazing, and to think that it is hidden amidst a small forest and most local people don't even really now about it is just amazing :)

C&C are welcome!

outsidekl.jpg

another inside shot I kind of like...

wendeltraapkl.jpg

for more check my website: http://www.spako.lu

That second one is amazing. I love the subdued colors. Did the first one not work out in color?

Sweet!

Totally love the inside shot.. so much texture, colour, beauty, destruction and shapes.. and the wide open window just sets it off, makes you think. Great Pic!

I didn't think of it in colour, but the light was really hard and to me it works better and fits better the mood in BW... but I could try a coloured version :) thx for the input :)

Heh, wow.. thats pretty awesome. Kind of bites that we dont really have anything like that here in the states.

God I'm moving. The US sucks. :)

Really cool images, as always.

Curious, though... there is an angled line and what almost looks like a parallel "smear" in the upper right... something with the lens? Clouds? Not sure.

Also, have you tried boosting the contrast up on this at all...? The castle almost gets lost a bit in all the gray.

I hate those damned trees right in front there... who the hell planted those??? :) How close are those to the castle?

Thx for the comments :) about moving from the US: I think the grass seems always to be greener on the other side... I wish we had some of your stunning landscapes in our small country...

the angled line is the condensation of a plane that just happened to fly by, the other parallel smear is just a cloud :)

I xould try boosting the contrast but I fear that I'll lose some details in the castle..but it's worth a try...

Wow, what a find to stumble across!!! Love the pp in the first one. Including the dry fountain and the dead tree in the foreground really helps 'tell' the viewer that this is an abandoned (or forgotten) place.

I really like the second one too...looking down the debris-strewn hall to that swirling staircase, with bits of colour and light along the way. Lovely

I love these!! Is this for sale do you know? How does your country handle abandoned places?

well in my country (Luxembourg) building grounds are really worth a lot so most disused places don't even stand a chance at being abandoned as they are mostly being reconverted in no time.

The only large abandoned places here belong to the iron giant Mittal who bought our local iron ore industry...

This castle here is situated in Belgium, where abandonment is far more common, I make most of my Urbexes there...
I'm not sure if the castle is for sale but it lies abandoned since 1991 after a fire destroyed some parts of it...

Back then it belonged to the SNCB (Belgian railroad society) and was used for kids summer camps, now I don't know who owns it...

awesome shots!

im digging the light coming in from the window on 2...

Spako, with this post you have consolidated your place in my top-5 list of TPF photographers. Love all of your work. Please keep posting!

Most reactions

Back