Sleeping Giant

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C welcome, as always.

I was playing around with the 50 and lighting. My dog is one of the hardest subjects for me to shoot, because she doesn't like having things pointed at her-cameras, fingers, newspapers, bows and arrows.... So I had to wait until she was sleeping to get a good picture. The picture may look crooked, but that's due to her 120 lbs pushing that one cushion down.

11_21_2008_4477.jpg

bows and arrows??? what the heck are you trying to do to your dog??? I've found it very hard to get pics of dogs.. they are just so stubborn.. glad you could get one of him as for CC its a little hot in the bottom right corner.. i'm guessing thats where your main light was?

looks good man. very big dog....
but lucky my dog allows me to get its picture.
this is one i took a while back with a film camera- canon rebel T2 (now i own a rebel XSi)

here it is.....
quincy.jpg

Yorkies always seem to photograph well for some reason...

ha! yep.. its cuz they think they are the biggest baddest thing to ever walk the earth lol :)

i love your photo stsinner. really love it. its just simply your dog. nothing distracting in it. i think that would be a good one to frame.

Thank you, FlowerChild. I don't play with the 50 much, because I'm not very good with it, but in this picture, her face seems to be perfectly in focus and the rest of her not. I finally achieved a good picture with that tricky lens that seems to have its own mind when it comes to focus.

that second one was taken with an xsi???

and this thread title is misleading hahah

naw the second one was taken with a canon rebel T2 (film) a while back ago (i scanned it), but now i own an XSi

Most reactions

Back