Sleeping Librarian

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this outside the big library in Manchester where I live. It was a spur of the moment shot but he was asleep so I had time to take it. I like how it turned out wonder if anyone could give me some general critiqe on composition etc. Also any suggestions on cropping, could dimensions be improved?

Taken with a Fuji Finepix A330 Digital Camera

sleepinglibrary5jg.jpg

Maybe seeing the sleeper in the lower left or right of the image. Seems like too much forground. Otherwise, I like the "street" feel of this type of shot. Did he wake up to sign the release form for you? :)

Dave_D said:
Maybe seeing the sleeper in the lower left or right of the image. Seems like too much forground. Otherwise, I like the "street" feel of this type of shot. Did he wake up to sign the release form for you? :)

agree... also it looks like the photo is tilting slightly down on the right side and his clothing seems like its a little dark

I agree with them^^^ A bit too much foreground but the rest is great! :thumbup:
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work! :)\

-Chris

Did he wake up to sign the release form for you?

I'm sorry what? Is that some kind of permission thing? I didn't tink you needed people's permission. eg Photos in papers etc. Papparazzi.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I looked up the Laws and I don't need a release form especially as I'm in the UK. He was in a public place.;)

It's good you got the information then!
I am in too much fear I might infringe on people's right to their own picture to do any street photography, I simply do not dare to photograph them. Or if I do, I would not dare to show them up here!
Though when I once took a photo of the mayor of town, I felt safe, for he is "a public person".
This sleeper, though, only fills so little of the frame, I think I would even have the right to publish a photo like this according to our German laws. His identity cannot really be found out. Or could it?

Well in the UK we don't actually have a right to privacy law, although it is part of the European Humans Right act. You don't even need a model release form to publish photos of people in public places. But selling them outside the UK you wil and also any publishers would demand them to cover themselves totally anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back