Slideshow 'type' software

DBIGS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am hoping that some of the TPF gurus may be able to help me with this one.

A few times a year I attend events wher I have to display the images I am taking up on large screens while the event is on/running.

I am using 2 x Canon 50ds with wifi to get the images to my laptops (via P2P) but the problem is in general Windows 7 does not seem to auto-update when new images are sent to the directory. In order for me to display the new images I literally have to go stop the windows slideshow and exit the directory, return and restart to dispplay any new images.

Ideally I would like something that can automatically detect when new photos are added on the fly and then display them within the existing slideshow or auto display them up on screen then return to the slideshow as opposed to having to stop start all the time.

Not sure if this can be done or makes real sense but any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Danny

I am not sure if what you are asking for is possible. There are so many programs available today, it may be out there.

I have used Power Point for years and I am used to it. I believe there are better programs for photos, I have not felt the need, so I have not tried them.
Maybe someone else here has other experiences.

I don't have windows 7, but a quick google turned this up, you might try it, it seemd to be a solid and repeatable work around.

Cheers,
LokiZ

daviswe wrote on February 13, 2010, 11:19pm
I solved this with an easy little fix...

Go to Tools/Folder Options/ General Tab, and at the bottom, in the 'Navigation Pane', make sure 'Show all folders' and 'Automatically expand to current folder' are checked.

With these settings, I can 'fix' and 'unfix' the file refresh problem at will. Repeatably.

I'm sure MS needs a fix for this, but in the meantime, this should do the trick,

Ed

located here:
http://www.windows7taskforce.com/view/3103

I am not sure if what you are asking for is possible. There are so many programs available today, it may be out there.

I have used Power Point for years and I am used to it. I believe there are better programs for photos, I have not felt the need, so I have not tried them.
Maybe someone else here has other experiences.

With the move to HD and HD displays I would move to some of the lower end consumer video editing software that is hitting the market. Pinnacle actually has their starter package at $50 and it ensures your images will look as good as they can with no ungodly stretching and or resolution limiting that some of the older software has.

The newer power point may have also taken this in to account. But the OP is looking for something that is running on the fly from a live directory. I am unfamiliar with power point being able to do this type of random operation aside from using macro programming or VBA.

Try googling "thether camera". I'm not sure if this is what you want... Take a look.

Lokiz, Pierre, K8-90 thanks for that I will get looking and playing and see where it leads me. The school I work for had its Formal last night (Prom to the Americans) and I literally just shutdown the slideshow and refreshed and that worked for the time being. But it did mean that I had to stop taking photos and head off to the laptop, which gave me 5 minutes of respite I guess. But the next step will be having this fully automated. Cheers from Australia - Danny

Most reactions

New Topics

Back