SLIK Tripod Setup

logan9967

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking at getting a SLIK tripod setup. I was concerned about money before and looking at a promaster setup when I realized that if I go with promaster I will end up spending more money getting somthing better anyway.
Then I looked at SLIK being the company of my older tripod (even though it is complete $30 garbage). I found 714 CF-II Legs with a SBH-550 head and some quick release plate. This seems to make good sense because I do take a lot of nature pictures and me moving around, these being around 4 to 5 pounds is very convienent. Also it says it can hold as much weight as I need, my biggest lens being a 75-300 Telephoto.
What I'm wondering is if anyone has any experience with SLIK heads and legs, quality and performance wise. I almost defiently will stick with the legs but I am not convinced with the head. Only because I haven't read about too many people using them. So just looking for some opinions and input here. Thanks

Not sure about your model, but I have a Slik. Its stable, but heavy. I'd trust it to caryr my D200 and 70-200 F/2.8 Nikkor with ease. I sure would not put that combination on any tripod that wasn't made to handle a bigger camera and heavy lens.

ahh yeah sorry I have a 20D so were pretty close and I guess it means the tripod can handle it.
anyone ever have any problems with them tho? like does the ball head wear out or ever slip??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back