weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Slioch (The Spear) named after it's three triangular peaks is a mountain I've been wanting to get to for some time, it's just one of those iconic Scottish hills. From this spot on the edge of a Caledonian pine forest a lone tree stands apart from the others forming a cool foreground. I had to wait a bit until the small patch of blue sky was passing the peak but when it did I was ready. A bit more light on the spears and a shaft of light on the tree wouldn't have gone amiss but in the conditions we had I'll take it.

Slioch and the Lone Tree by wee_pete, on Flickr

Nice image.

Joe

Always enjoy your images of homeland. Makes me yearn to one day travel there.

Always enjoy your images of homeland. Makes me yearn to one day travel there.

Thanks Smoke, I'm glad you like my images. Scotland can be a very beautiful place, particularly whrn you get out into the hills of the North West coast and the islands. For tourists the standards have steadily improved over the last 30 years and most places are pretty good with good levels of service, and there are even a few high end buisnesses (Lady Clare McDonalds place in Skye and Albert Roux's place in Lochinver spring to mind as top notch). The Islands still operate on their own time but people are friendly and accomidating for the most part. So there's never been a better time to visit. I hope you make it over some day!

Most reactions

Back