Slow Response Time

VidThreeNorth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For what it's worth, I refreshed the "active forums" page at about 10:40 Toronto time and it took about 14 min. I doubt much can be done about that, but yeah, it's a bit long. . . .

I have been on and off the site all day and have not had any issues. Maybe you need to restart.

I have been on and off the site all day and have not had any issues. Maybe you need to restart.
There are a few possibilities. I have a feeling it might have to do with deliberate slowing down on my Windows 8.1 install through the Edge browser. Performance dropped fairly suddenly early this year. What an interesting coincidence. :)

There are a few possibilities. I have a feeling it might have to do with deliberate slowing down on my Windows 8.1 install through the Edge browser. Performance dropped fairly suddenly early this year. What an interesting coincidence. :)
That makes the most sense. What you described seems more related to browser or OS issues. Not widespread on the forum server side or we'd hear from a wide variety of users.

You might want to try a different browser and clear your cache, then a restart.

I clear browser cache and cookies regularly.

Yeah Microsoft wants to talk to you about an upgrade. That’s how they get your attention.

Yeah Microsoft wants to talk to you about an upgrade. That’s how they get your attention.

Yeah. Just to clarify the situation a bit more, Microsoft "dropped support" of Win 8.1 shortly before the sudden slowdown of my computer. The difference was clear. YouTube tabs in particular needed to be closed.

Most reactions

Back