SLR Cases/bags...

Axel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking for a good, but necessarily one with a thousand pockets for a thousand lenses, camera case for my N50. I would like something rather simple that would take a lens or two or maybe three, and some film, filter and maybe something more. But that's it. It would be for carrying on the shoulder and I would like it to be waterproof (in terms of safe even in the bad storms. Not for scubadiving!!!) and shock resistant (padded). Any suggestions as far as brands or even models?

Have you given any thought to a hard case? I use Pelikan for all of my Medium Format equipment and am considering switching to it for my dslr stuff. It's waterproof, extremely rugged and with the diced foam interior you can make "pocket" exactly to your specs.

i have 3 bags in total (don't ask why!) and one is a samsonite shoulder bag. its a robust bag with a good amount of space. it fitted my F/N80 with Vertial grip, 28/200 lens, 15 fisheye, 24 macro, flash and off camera cord. and thats just in the main body. the side pockets are ideal for film, batteries, filters etc. plus it has a detachable pencil case type thing that is perfect for storing about 6/7 rolls of film. the bag has good padding too.

samsonite do a series called the "Trekking". mine is the largest one (i think?!) on sale.

SWFLA1 said:
Have you given any thought to a hard case? I use Pelikan for all of my Medium Format equipment and am considering switching to it for my dslr stuff. It's waterproof, extremely rugged and with the diced foam interior you can make "pocket" exactly to your specs.

They certainly look good... I'll look into them more detailed. I only find one for the shoulder though... I am not looking for a travel case, but more for something to carry it around in when out shooting.

ajmall said:
i have 3 bags in total (don't ask why!) and one is a samsonite shoulder bag. its a robust bag with a good amount of space. it fitted my F/N80 with Vertial grip, 28/200 lens, 15 fisheye, 24 macro, flash and off camera cord. and thats just in the main body. the side pockets are ideal for film, batteries, filters etc. plus it has a detachable pencil case type thing that is perfect for storing about 6/7 rolls of film. the bag has good padding too.

samsonite do a series called the "Trekking". mine is the largest one (i think?!) on sale.

Sounded promising when I read it. Unfortunately it seems as if that's some European series... I only get European hits for it and when looking at Samsonite USA, there is no such cases. :cry:

Check out that Lowepro that Ant mentioned. Also, check their whole line of bags.

I have seen some shoulder sling type bags that might appeal to you. They are not like a backpack in that you can swing it up and get into it without having to remove it.

Most reactions

Back