SLR Purchasing ????

hawee99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, so i've spent hours deciding between the Nikon D80 and the Canon XTi for my first SLR. Well I finally decided to purchase the D80. I like it. However, for some reason, I was under the impression the Image Stabalizer lens' were available for the Nikons as well. I "think" I am correct that Canon is the only company offering that. I see that they are really expensive right now, but I really like the idea of an IS lens. Would you guys use that as a deciding factor between the two cameras. Thanks in advance for any help

Cullen

Nikon has the equivalent to Canon's IS lenses: they are called VR lenses.

Welcome to the forum.

As mentioned, Nikon has VR (vibration reduction). If that really is a feature that is important to you, maybe consider the Sony Alpha or the Pentax K10D have built in anti-shake technology...so you would have that feature with every lens on those cameras.

thanks for the welcome! yea I was looking at those also. I really like the idea of the image stabalization, but I also really like the XTi and the D80, so I don't think it's that important. I don't know, I over analyze this stuff way too much. hahahahaha

Most reactions

Back