Small aperture

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pretty simple question -- when I take pictures with a small aperture with the background blurred, will it show up in previews of the picture or will i have to wait until I upload it?

It will show on the camera's screen, although it might be difficult to see.

I'm not sure what camera you have, but my Canon 300D has an aperture preview button that will allow you to preview your aperture setting before taking the picture (through the viewfinder). It will be dimmer than the actual photo, just ignore that. It actually closes down the aperture to whatever you set it to.

Pretty simple question -- when I take pictures with a small aperture with the background blurred, will it show up in previews of the picture or will i have to wait until I upload it?
When you take pictures with a small aperture the background will be in focus.

To get a blurred background, you need a large aperture.

f/2.8 is a large aperture....f/16 is a small aperture.

It's a fraction and f = 1, the focal length of the lens- 1/2.8 is a much bigger number than 1/16 is.

When you take pictures with a small aperture the background will be in focus.

To get a blurred background, you need a large aperture.

f/2.8 is a large aperture....f/16 is a small aperture.

It's a fraction and f = 1, the focal length of the lens- 1/2.8 is a much bigger number than 1/16 is.

Woops, that was what I meant. I think it's easier for my brain to remember if I just call 2.8 small haha.

Most reactions

Back