Small Business Opportunities

12sndsgood said:
Iv'e just recently opened my doors, So the last 6 months have been spent on doing a lot of research, most of my time hasn't been on photography at all. I luckily had the oppurtunity to have 5 months off work (oppurtunity sounds nicer then being laid off) to dig in and learn as much as I can. After that time I think now I know enough that my head is almost above water half of the time if i'm lucky. Now that i'm back to work and working almost an hour away from home time management has become extremly critical for me, Heck iv'e uploaded the app for this site on my cell phone so I can read when i'm out and about, or on lunch break or out of the office with a few spare minutes. So that will become very important for you. As bitter said, work on getting a portfolio built, work on getting a great website built. work on finding out all the important things you need to think about like your liscences and taxes. and insurance, contracts, etc. etc.find out all that information before you hit the start button.

Yeah, I am far from actually opening my doors. I am really just gathering as much information as possible right now. I don't imagine I will be ready for business immediately. I'm working on my portfolio as Bitter suggested, and getting the necessary info so when I am ready to open for business I am not running around like a headless chicken.

I actually just got the app! It's much easier :)

Most reactions

Back