Small Falls

Icon72

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for general critiques on this. Any tips are appreciated. Is it too close to the subject material? I know there was a little too much camera movement when the photo was taken but other than that, any thoughts?
waterrocks.jpg

Get a tripod, shot at a high aperature and on a cloudy day, go for a long exposure and make the water look like milk..
Cosmo

The next time I go out to this area will be in the spring/summer and I'll be armed with a DSLR and tripod for sure. This was taken with a Powershot A70. I see a lot of moving water photos taken with the longer exposure time to get that milky effect on the water. Would it be accurate to assume that this effect is generally more pleasing to the eye? I guess I'm undecided on that idea myself.

I think it is a nice shot overall
A little slower shutter, I don't really like the milky look but it needs some blur for sure.

a tripod would be needed.....milky or not...that is personal preference.....but i would choose to either freeze the water....so that it feels like the time is stopped and you see the water very clear and able to see the water droplets......or go to the other extreme and get the milky effect.......if you choose something in the middle like yours....then it kinda feels like snapshot..........also maybe a little more trees in the back?....i dont know why...but i just like to see more greens on the upper section of the photo.......personal preference

Most reactions

New Topics

Back