Small Room Lighting Question

gsxturbo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My friend owns a Lacrosse league and he asked me to take a picture of each person for their online profile, the shot will be mid chest up. I'll do a small white background area but my question is should I just use my SB-700 with the Gary Fong Diffuser or should I setup a couple white lightening lights. One for the background and one for the front of the player. I'm not sure the space that will be available, I'm just not sure if the bigger setup is too much for just a small online profile photo.

If you have some sort of backlight, the Fupperware should produce pretty decent results, but a softbox, reflector and hairlight would almost certainly produce better results.

As long as you can get the '700 off-camera, it should be more than adequate to do the job. Find a piece of white/light coloured plain wall, bounce the flash or use the Fongware, with a reflector on the short side and you should be fine. I wouldn't haul studio strobes down for a small job like that.

tirediron said:
As long as you can get the '700 off-camera, it should be more than adequate to do the job. Find a piece of white/light coloured plain wall, bounce the flash or use the Fongware, with a reflector on the short side and you should be fine. I wouldn't haul studio strobes down for a small job like that.

So you are thinking to mount the 700 45 degrees to one side with an umbrella and then a reflector on the other side? All the shots will be taken head on with the player.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back