small set of portraits

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I managed to persuade my friend earlier today to let me experiment on him and have him model for awhile. I haven't had a chance to practice my portraits; I've only been reading about it! He was surprisingly patient, even through all the flying reflector problems that I had :)

I was going for a slightly more dynamic portrait, with kind of split lighting. I'm not sure if it's too much, though. For guys, I think it might be okay to get that masculine feel?

I was hoping for some general feedback on these. I just started doing portraits, so I would like all the feedback I could get! Thanks.

I showed one to my friend and he was complaining that his left eye was "squinty." However, I noticed this in basically every picture, so I'm guessing one eye is smaller than the other. I didn't mind it too much ...

IMG_4689-Edit by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr
IMG_4691-Edit by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr
IMG_4727-Edit by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr
IMG_4727-Edit-2 by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

His left eye is smaller than his right eye. VERY common human characteristic. On these, the black tones in the jacket are absolutely crushed. The blacks in the suit comprise a large percentage of the frame, and I think, need to show just a little bit more information.

His left eye is smaller than his right eye. VERY common human characteristic. On these, the black tones in the jacket are absolutely crushed. The blacks in the suit comprise a large percentage of the frame, and I think, need to show just a little bit more information.
How's this?

IMG_4691-Edit-Edit by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

new one by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

Significantly better on the details in his jacket, yes!

Most reactions

Back