Small Soldiers

neogfx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK so for my current uni module I have to come up with an exhibition and since I am completely at a blank as to what subject to photograph I decided to do a David Levinthal style shoot.
Unlike Levinthal's work these scenes are not supposed to look real, instead they are supposed to be a representation of what may happen when we are not around, that there may well be realities, or perceptions of reality, other than our own.
Every time I leave the room these small soldiers come to life and battle over the territory that is my room.
Is this lame or what?

Churchill Mk VII
ChurchilMkVII.jpg

"Relaying Coordinates"
RelayingCoordinates.jpg

Assault on Booktown
AssaultonBooktown.jpg

Assault on Booktown
AssaultonBooktown2.jpg

Fallen Soldier
FallenSoldier.jpg

Prisoners of War
PrisonersofWar.jpg

Defence of Bottle Pass
DefenceofBottlePass.jpg

Comments welcome.

the light in the first one really makes it!

try t get some more dramatic light for the remaining scenes and you will get an award winning series of images!

I think you've got too much time on your hands.... ;-)

Alex - thanks for the advice, I'll look into lighting them differently.

Neal - why is that, because I have time to take photos? This is an assignment for my university degree. Its not something I just decided to do because I was bored. Besides, tell someone like David Levinthal that he has too much time on his hands and he'll tell you he doesn't care because his pictures sell for hundreds of pounds.

Alex - thanks for the advice, I'll look into lighting them differently.

Neal - why is that, because I have time to take photos? This is an assignment for my university degree. Its not something I just decided to do because I was bored. Besides, tell someone like David Levinthal that he has too much time on his hands and he'll tell you he doesn't care because his pictures sell for hundreds of pounds.

Oh, I wasn't trying to offend. I was just poking a little fun. We're all friends here. :hug::

I think it's a neat series.

Nice series! Some shots really display the battle well, like "Fallen Soldier" and "Defence of Bottle Pass" (really like that one).

Right now the carpet is such a colorful part of the image that it makes the viewer aware you have taken the pieces out of natural context and placed them on the floor.

I might suggest doing them on different surfaces according to the surroundings; fighting amongs books on shelves, among bottles in liquor cabinet, around flatware on table cloth (ketchup bottle on end and little ketchup stain under shoulder of fallen soldier) - or on at least on a surface that is less recognizeable from shot to shot.

"Fallen soldiers" especially would profit from a more dramatic treatment.

Neal - sorry mate, was having a bit of a bad day. No offence taken.

Traveler - you haven't seen my room, books on the floor is their natural context, pretty much everything on the floor is the natural context lmao. But yeah, good idea, I like it. Gona reshoot these taking into account some of your guys ideas. Cheers.

This is great.

i love them very original...i would never think of something like this...great shots

I really like the first one alot and also the fallen soldier one. This whole set is very unique good work. Like the traveler said, a better floor would benefit these photos.

Most reactions

Back