Small Town Fireworks

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For Canada Day we went to a small town near by for the fireworks :)

I was pretty much limited to shooting almost straight up at them and they lasted about 5 minutes so as soon as they started I shot and prayed lol. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't able to get any scenery etc into the shots but I am generally happy with how they turned out for my first try.

Here are my two fav's, C&C always welcome and appreciated!

Awesome! I'm going out tomorrow to try my first fireworks... Would you mind posting your exif data as a guide? Thank you

Thanks Frequency, Alan and tmjjk :)

Here is the rest of the keepers.

Shot settings:
Tripod
2 second delay/2 second exposure (since I didn't have a trigger to use the Bulb method.)
F11
ISO320

That first one <3 did you do anything in post to make the sky perfectly black?

-Ken Turner

Thanks again Frequency :)
Thanks Ken, I love the first one too! The only post I did was cropping, sharpening and saturation.

WTG Girl. two very nice sets. I've never shot any fireworks, but you sure seem to have nailed it 1st time out. I prefer the ones with the smoke residue in the 2nd set.

Thanks Joel :) It was easier than I thought actually, the hardest part was getting the timing right. I wish I could have gotten a bit wider but we were so close (across a ball diamond). Next time around I'm going to be much, much further away lol.

Yup, fireworks don't take much.

Camera on tripod. Bulb exposure (or 1-4sec).
Aperture controls how thin the lines are ... f8 is a good start.
When firework is lit ... press shutter and hold ... then let go when you feel like it.
Change focal length if required to get it firing up and exploding.
Just go for it ... I used to do that with 100 ISO film in the old days.

It gets a little more complicated with large fancy firework shows.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back