Small Town Urbex

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know, I know, this is basically almost the same as the last set..., but I don't really go exploring these places much so these are the last photos. :p

I traveled back to my hometown a few weeks ago to hang out with my family before the big move.

My hometown is kind of interesting (as are most little towns in their own ways), because there are still very obvious remnants of segregation in the town's layout. Right near the edge of town where the train tracks ran, there is an entire section where mostly impoverished black families lived until integration. It has since been mostly abandoned save for one family that I know still lives there.

I had gone down to photograph this part of town before, but back then I didn't really know much about photographer (plus the buildings weren't getting demolished.)

First set

This used to be a church. Somebody came in and smashed all the chairs since I had been in there a few years ago.

Last edited:
Second set

The smell was god-awful

This was taken on a different day, hence the stormy weather haha.

I like #2 & #7

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work

#7 and #9 convey feelings of hopelessness and desolation and are, in my view, the more effective photos of the set. The others are also good in themselves but lack the same emotional impact, in my opinion.

#7 and #9 convey feelings of hopelessness and desolation and are, in my view, the more effective photos of the set. The others are also good in themselves but lack the same emotional impact, in my opinion.

Thank you. Yeah, I think those probably convey desolation/isolation the best

The second set is FAR stronger than the first. 6, 7, 9 - well done.

The second set is FAR stronger than the first. 6, 7, 9 - well done.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. A little more variety in the second set as well. Thanks for the comment!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back