Smith Rock State Park

fishing4sanity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I first drove through this part of central Oregon in 1984 and many times since. I've always admired Smith Rock from Hwy 97, but never took the time to go the short distance over to the park. Last week I finally went into the park and I have to admit I was disappointed - disappointed that I didn't get there a little earlier that morning and down-right mad at myself for not getting there years (or decades) sooner. The view from Hwy 97 doesn't reveal the park's best views, if you're ever in the area stop for a look.

#1 Picnic Lunch Wall (right-side) & Phoenix Buttress (distant left)
DSC_5437-1.jpg

DSC_5462-1.jpg

DSC_5443-1.jpg

#4 The intersection of Morning Glory Wall (left) & Picnic Lunch Wall (right)
DSC_5488-1.jpg

#5 Reflections of Morning Glory Wall in the Crooked River
DSC_5497-1.jpg

Striking scenery and pictures, nice work with the edits!

I live in Oregon. I've seen hundreds of Smith Rock snaps. Your pictures of Smith Rock are better than the vast majority, mostly due to the lighting and the reflections you captured.

I believe that site would warrant a long morning trip as well as a long evening trip. Nicely done.

Very nice! I will put this place on my list of places to visit the next time I am in Oregon.

WesternGuy

Thanks for the comments. Smith Rock is a very beautiful area, if you're anywhere near it take the time to stop and explore, don't drive by for years like I did.

Inspiring a visit to this area. Your last shot is my favorite. The portrait orientation is the runner up for me. The compositions are great.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back