SMOKED FROG. I'm trying to figure out when the right time is for a dead center shot.

It was in the upper 40's to low 50's around here. I was suprised to see him.
It's 46 degrees out there right now.
We've been having torential dounpours for a couple days and that's probably what brought him out.

Make sure to update your will so that shiny macro setup goes to me! ;)

lol
Well, I hope to live a while longer.
At least long enough to get a couple thousand shots with the new macro rig that I have on order.

Those Cotton Mouth's might have a different opinion on that ;)

lol
I'm not planning on getting bit.
On the other hand no one ever plans on getting bit.

The copperhead snake is another I'll be after this year.
I've yet to see a really REALLY good image of one.
They are absolutely gorgeous after a shed.
If I can happen on one, I think I can bring it out. Maybe.

Anywho, I got to playing around out in the woods today in all the slop, after the heavy rains and came across this guy at the edge of a pond.
I started thinking rule of thirds while I was looking at this thing..........and then I said , nahhh, let me try something else.
So anyway, I got to lookin at this dude and the way the sky was reflecting on the water, I says to myself , hmmmm interesting effect here.
Limme try to get this under " natural light" The light was low so I had to bust him at ISO 2000 to get 1/60.
Pretty much a centered shot.
Still playing with it in post.

6906709711_73c8ccdf3f_b.jpg

I started to flash the old boy, but then I says to myself , if I do that, i'll probably lose the smoked effect.
So when is the right time to flash?

My best guess is , right after you do it the other way.
Anyone?
6906673433_322e37504e_b.jpg

I like the second one best. Nice colors, details and focus. I love love waterdop on his mouth. I think the grass in the front makes it interesting and gives a more natural feel, but there's not too much that's it impedes the view of the subject or is distracting IMO. The first one looks like you might have missed the focus slightly on the main eye, and I do find the light on the side of the frog distracting.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back