smoothing fabric?

$donna (1 of 1)-4.jpg

i did quite a bit.. this is another image to show

How is this? if you like it, I will tell you how I did it. (quickie... not perfect, but with a little effort.. the technique I used should do the job)

$dress.jpg

steam iron photo - Google Search

Another way to get it right in-camera, and one that dates back to the 1950's. I recall when I was a kid, my mother also kept a shaker bottle of "starch water" around for doing cuffs and collars.

Before shooting is definitely the best way....

If you tried be perfect in editing this photo, you need photoshop, Wacom tablet and pen, and strong drawing and painting skills. You can save times and money for next time when you shoot a dress. Don't forget to use steam iron before you begin to shoot.

Last edited:
How is this? if you like it, I will tell you how I did it. (quickie... not perfect, but with a little effort.. the technique I used should do the job)

View attachment 49188

that looks fantastic!

Thanks.... I did it in Photoshop.... used the Quick Select tool to select the entire dress below the belt part, then did a Gaussian blur on it. It looked good, so I posted it. That was all!

Does the OP have Photoshop?
Unfortunately, Lightroom has no selection tools or Gaussian blur filter.

In Lightroom, use the Adjustment brush at an appropriate Size, Feather, Flow, and Density.
Lower the Clarity slider to -100 or so and the Sharpeness slider to about -60 or so.

920ACREdit9221877_26f3eb824e_c.jpg

Thank you! That one looks great as well. I have photoshop CS 5 on my desktop.. but I'm on my laptop because oddly enough this monitors coloring is a lot better than the TV my PCs hooked to. lol I can pop it into PS to fix it up though.

I tried in LR 5 and couldn't get it to look as good.. so I'll put it in PS once I can pry the desktop from my husband. lol

Most reactions

Back